Day 15

Well, it constantly changes. The weather report for Friday was for continuing strong winds so we went to La Perouse to investigate. My anxiety levels were high because the wind was directly from the south shifting slightly SSE and really strong. Do I go or don’t I? We ponced around for ages Iooking for vantage points along the coast. It probably would have been fine but had something broken at sea there would have been problems getting in and I didn’t want to risk bad press.

Decision. Back on with the wheels and a quick 15km stroll up Bunnerong Rd and Anzac Pde to Rushcutters Bay after a very late start.

The kayak is in the Cruising Yacht Club compound courtesy of a lovely man called Gerard.

Klaas:  Hi all. This will be my final contribution until we start the USA. Master Posselt decided this morning he would do the final lap to Sydney Harbour but when we arrived at yesterday’s finish in La Perouse the seas where up and a 35 knot wind was blowing so instead of having a good chance of losing the kayak he decided to put the wheels back on and walk the distance to Rushcutters Bay and launch it at the CYC on Saturday to arrive at the opera house at mid day. It has been an interesting journey and top marks for Steve, who did all the hard yards and walked and kayaked every inch of the way from Canberra to Sydney. Good night all and those that are able, please make the effort and be at the opera house Saturday at 12.

Leaving La PerouseLeaving La Perouse crop

Walking up Anzac PdeWalking up ANZAC PDE reduced